JioFi is a portable broadband device powered by LYF. It comes with a warranty of 1 year for the device and 6 months for the battery and accessories. There is nothing special you have to do to perform JioFi warranty registration. This is because the warranty is applicable to your date of purchase and device serial number. This data is already present with Jio.
JioFi helps you connect to internet easily with a Jio Sim. Once you turn it on after inserting a sim, you can use it as a WiFi hotspot and can connect any device to it as you would normally connect to a WiFi connection.
Does JioFi come with a warranty?
The JioFi device comes with a warranty period of 1 year on the device and 6 months on the battery and accessories. The warranty is applicable only when the device is purchased from authorized channels.
There are few terms and conditions in the warranty policy which are subject to change. Please read the warranty policy booklet that comes with your JioFi device. Nevertheless, it is wise to keep few principles in mind.
- The warranty on the main device is for 12 months and the warranty on the accessories (i.e. battery, cable and the charger) extends for 6 months from the date of purchase.
- The seller or the authorized service center will either repair or replace the product if it is found to be defective during the warranty period.
- The seller shall not the charge the customer for any repair or cost of parts used in repair during the warranty period.
- The replaced parts will become the property of the customer and the old defective parts will become the property of the seller.
- The warranty for the repaired and replaced part will continue for the remaining warranty period.
- To make a valid claim for warranty, the customer should provide a valid receipt of purchase in originals.
How to claim JioFi warranty?
In case of any defect in the JioFi device after purchase, go to the nearest Jio service center along with your device and accessories. Remember to take along your purchase receipt, identity document and proof of address.
Explain the defect to the service center and they can register a ticket for repair and can guide you for the estimated amount of time it will take to repair the device.
Do take the receipt of warranty claim along with the contact number of the service center so that you can follow up in case you need to.
How to replace a defective JioFi device?
In case your JioFi device malfunctions within 7 days from date of purchase, you can ask the service center for the replacement. In this case, you will be given a brand new product instead of getting the old one repaired. Be sure to contact the service center in time, otherwise you will not be eligible for replacement later on.
What kinds of damages or defects are not covered under JioFi warranty registration?
You should always check the latest terms and conditions of the policy to see what is covered under the policy. However, there are few general guidelines to follow:
- Damage from excessive or improper usage such as defects due to water or food spillage is not covered.
- Damages resulting from unauthorised modifications are not covered.
- If the seller is not notified within the warranty period even if the defect occurred in the warranty period, then the policy is not applicable
- The product seal, serial number, or other information is defaced or damaged.
- The seals of the product are broken or show signs of tampering.
- Any damage of plastic components such as wear and tear of keypads, buttons, antenna etc. is not covered.
JioFi comes with a 1 year warranty on the product and 6 months warranty on the accessories. If the product malfunctions within 7 days from date of purchase then you are eligible for a replacement. To claim the warranty, you need to go to the nearest Jio service center along with the product, accessories, original purchase receipt and valid identity and address proofs. The warranty is not applicable in case of damages on part of improper usage(such as water spillage) or due to tampering with the product. To avail the warranty, the complaint has to be logged in the nearest Jio service center before the expiry of the warranty policy, even if the product malfunctions before the expiry of Jiofi warranty registration.
3 thoughts on “Super simple method to complete JioFi warranty registration after purchase!”
Great content! Keep up the good work!